Data protection information
II. Name and address of the responsible institution
The responsible institution as per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other national data protection laws of the member states as well as additional data protection regulations is the:
University of Konstanz
represented by the Rectorate
78464 Konstanz GERMANY
Phone: +49 7531 88-0
Responsible for content:
Phone: +49 7531 88-4139
III. General information
Please note the data protection information at the bottom of the website (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/university/general-information/information-on-data-protection/).
IV. Data processing
1. Description and scope of data processing
When visiting the website www.kontaktpunkt-see.de only your IP address is stored.
When registering companies and uploading students’ CVs, the following data is processed, in addition to the data stored as stated in the University of Konstanz’s general data protection information:
- IP address
- Given name and family name
- Email address, phone
- Company-related information
- Information from the CV
Data is collected upon registration. Storing and processing this data is necessary for participating in the event.
2. Legal basis
The legal basis for processing your data is Article 6 para 1. lit e) in connection with para. 3 GDPR in connection with § 4 Landesdatenschutzgesetz BW (LDSG, data protection act) in the version that went into effect on 6 June 2018.
For some data we obtain your consent, e.g. to provide your CV to the interested companies or so we can contact you if necessary, Article 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. If you do not give your consent, this will not affect your participation; however, you will not be able to use certain functions.
3. Reasons for data processing
We process the data to prepare and carry out the kontaktpunkt career day.
4. Storage duration
The technical service provider will delete the IP addresses after a maximum of 14 days (after the event). The technical service provider will delete all other data 1 week after the event. If companies upload their profile on the kontaktpunkt website and consent to storing their data for the next event, the data will be stored. You will receive an email asking for your consent.
Internal recipients are those staff members of the Career Service team who need the data to complete their work responsibilities. External recipient is the service provider w3code (www.w3code.de). They are responsible for setting up the website, and we have concluded a processing agreement with them. If you have consented, your data will also be shared with the companies you have specified.
V. Rights of the parties involved
- In accordance with § 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information from the University of Konstanz about any data it stores that is related to your person and/or to have incorrect data corrected as per § 16 GDPR.
- Moreover, you also have the right to have your data deleted (Article 17 GDPR) or the processing of data limited (Article 18 GDPR).
- You can withdraw your consent regarding the processing and use of your data at any time. The processing of personal data is lawful until consent is withdrawn.
- To better understand and exercise your data protection rights, please contact the Career Service team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have the right to file a complaint with the regulating authority if you believe that the processing and use of your personal data is in violation of the law (Article 77 GDPR). The responsible contact person at the regulating authority is the “Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg” (state commissioner for data protection and the freedom of information in Baden-Württemberg) (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de).
VI. Right to objection
As per Article 21 GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data as per Article 6 para. 1 lit. e) GDPR. If you raise an objection, we will no longer process your data, unless there are compelling grounds requiring the processing.